Sunday, November 8, 2009

Christmas On a Budget

I'm trying to cut back on what we spend at Christmas... both because it's become a big shopping spree we end up paying off for months afterwards, and also because we just don't NEED a lot of stuff!

So... here is what we are doing...

Alex's Side:
GRAN
- handmade photo card with an update of our year (cost = $1 for photos)
- if I have time I'd like to make some dish cloths and give a bottle of dish soap (cost = 'free' because I already have all the stuff!)
NAN
- handmade photo card with an update of our year (cost = $1 for photos + shipping)
SIL/BIL
- scarf ('free' made with yarn I already had) for BIL
- nice reusable shopping bag ($5) for SIL
- night at the movies with snacks (20,000 PC points... hopefully if we have them!) and babysitting (free from us!)
NEPHEW
- wool blanket ($50 in yarn... didn't realize it would take so much yarn!)
- ... maybe something fun? ($5)
FIL
- night at the movies with snacks (20,000 PC points... hopefully if we have them!)
LIL' SIL
- blush and blush brush ('free cuz' I bought them for myself earlier and didn't need them)
- flower shaped face cloths ('free' cuz I already have the yarn)
- toner or face wash (about $5... still need to buy)
- water bottle ($3.50)
LIL' BIL
- water bottle ($3.50)
... huh

Faith's Side
M&F
- rich chocolate brown 600 thread count sheets and extra pillow cases ($80 but 'free' because we had a gift card)
- new shower head ('free' because we won it) for F
- reusable shopping bag ($5) for M
MIDDLE SIS
- scrap booking metal filing cabinet (FREE!)
- double sided tapes (FREE!)
- reusable shopping bag ($5)
- water bottle ($3.50)
LIL' SIS
- water bottle ($3.50)
... huh
OMA & OPA
- some dish cloths and a bottle of dish soap (cost = 'free' because I already have all the stuff!)
OTHER OMA AND OPA
- some dish cloths and a bottle of dish soap (cost = 'free' because I already have all the stuff!)

... Now I just have to make sure I'm not missing anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment