Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!


I always loved Valentine's day growing up. My parents always got us a small gift of some kind, which always made us feel included in the 'love' holiday... it never seemed like a thing for couples until I moved away from home... and even then I sometimes found a card in the mail. :)
I remember as a kid there was one boy in the class who always gave a pack of cinnamon hearts with his cards each year... didn't even like them, but it was what you ate at the class party!
This year is hubby and my third Valentine's together. It was FAB! Last night he made me dinner, a really yummy roast. He set the table and lit a candle. Sigh. It just makes your heart flutter a bit!
Today, we exchanged cards and a wee bit of candy, and then each spent the day as we liked. I did a Valentine's swap on Ravelry, so I had a package to open from that as well, and it was awesome. My partner really spoiled me. Below is a picture of all the goodies!


What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment