Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thinking Thursday

It's the middle of the night out here in the dark and I. can't. sleep.

As I lay in bed tonight, I had an important thought and I needed to write it down.

With Ms Moo's head cuddling one shoulder, and Alex's hand on my hip, I was trying to slow my thoughts, so I could sleep. As I listened to the two of them snore away I realized that I felt incredible peace. This is exactly where I want to be in life right now.

I went to college and felt wander lust... and so I wandered. Then I felt a yearning to go home... and so I went home... but still I did not settle down. And every time someone would ask - are you ready? Don't you want that? I would say yes... but not right now... and then... two years ago it became Yes... and soon. And then I was blessed to meet up with an old friend and now -

My job is good, and I've learned all I set out to learn about my field of work (design).

My house is a mess and needs to be worked on, but it's warm and inviting, and feels like home.

My puppy is happy, healthy, and for the most part, trained.

My husband is happy, healthy, and for the most part, trained.

And while I might feel the yearning for the next generation, when someone asks - are you ready? Don't you want that? I say yes... but not quite yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment